Author Topic: I tried to fool the system into using a video where images go. Not working  (Read 5355 times)

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Well I tried but it failed. I guess the section where the products are shown for the product you cannot have videos there. It is shame because it would be nice to have the thumbnails of images and video and then have the video show up above like the large images.

Would save space and is a great area for them.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Did you read this part in the document? scroll down to the Media Tab part - and you can even add videos within the options
Give it another go.

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/31-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/products

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Thanks but that wont work as it only allows images and even if it did videos they would only appear once an option is chosen. Would be better if they would appear as a thumbnail by default like the images do. Then you would really have something.

I cant complain though I have been able to add videos with a block for now. Having multiple images and other essentials has been great so far. Perhaps the creators of AbanteCart can consider for a future update having images and videos together if chosen in the area where the images are shown now.

I have high hopes for this system.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Abantecart does not allow to assist videos to product options. You can add videos for product (on media tab of edit page). Then you can create new custom listing block with videos and place it into layout for this product.
Another solution is placement of videos in product description. (enable "source" mode of ckeditor and paste embed code)
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline cashvo

• View Profile
(enable "source" mode of ckeditor and paste embed code)

Can you get an "embed" code from videos you uploaded to the product's Media video? I can upload a video to the product...but can't seem to find a way to show it on the product page. This is a product demo video. It is weird that I can upload a video for the product but have no way to showing it on the page right now....  :-\