Author Topic: 2.0 Features  (Read 3466 times)

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
2.0 Features
« on: January 21, 2023, 04:10:42 AM »
I am new user of this cart and so far loving it. great job guys by the way.

a) Provide an option for a buyer who paid for a service and then can watch a video - Like Training services sold with time limitation to watch. Unable to download the video.
b) A high quality WYSIWYG editor.
c) The current platform supports global parameters for product images, however there should be a secondary product size over written feature while adding a new product. This will allow further customization on per product basis.
d) A frequently bought together feature. Similar to relations but more focused.
f) A list of cart customization developer available for hire who have extensive knowledge of the software.
g) Customers Q & A section. Similar to Amazon with search feature.
i) Customer reviews rating system.
j) Customer can mark a product to be notified if a product price drops to his/her target price.
k) Display browsing history to buyers or/and products purchased in the past at the bottom of the page.
l) If the store owner has marked a product down lets 30% off. A feature that will embed the discount percent on the product image automatically or somewhere above the product image display area through out at the store front.
m) Option to provide gift wrapping service at check out. Controlled via admin panel global or on a per product basis.

I think of more later.

There is huge need for a comprehensive and sophisticated affiliate module for tracking sales generated by affiliated links, or sales generated by a specific sales rep to calculate commissions.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:19:05 AM by AromeCity »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2.0 Features
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 02:29:13 AM »
Thank you for your feedback.

Offline AromeCity

• View Profile
Re: 2.0 Features
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 05:13:15 AM »
One key feature I would love to see is how the extensions are supported by what version.

For example, you guys are releasing new versions of the cart faster than extension community can catchup.

There should be a built in feature inside the cart that stops the user from buying an extension which is not supported by the version they are currently on.

1. For example I just bought he gift certificate extension now finding out its not supported by version 1.3.3

2. Another feature should be if someone is upgrading the cart from for example 1.2.0 to 1.3.3 the system performs a check and notifies the admin what extensions will not work if they upgrade. Right now ist a guess game. Very difficult to track.

This will require extension developers and cart developers to develop a mechanism where each side can work in harmony.

Furthermore, before releasing the new version of the cart, there should be given enough time to extension developers to catch up to the latest release.

Lastly, all extensions that are dated, should be completely removed from the market place. For new user like me, its very confusing to figure out the compatibilities.

The above suggestions will create an echo system that will take this amazing shopping cart software to the next level!!

p.s. all extension developers do not provide any documentation which is really weird. Documentation should be mandatory if someone wants to sell extensions. Online support means you have to wait days to get an answer. That's a really slow process.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:16:41 AM by AromeCity »