Author Topic: How to best display all my products on the home page only?  (Read 9539 times)

TopWebNames

How to best display all my products on the home page only?
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:57:11 PM »
Thanks to the very good Documentation and feedback her from the AbanteCart staff, I'm making good progress setting up my first AbanteCart for the t-shirts that I sell of the famous hot rod that I built way back in the 60's.

Next, and very soon, I will be creating a second AbanteCart for the high quality 8-1/2" x 11" photos that I also sell of it.  There are only 19 so far, and no options/variations, so I want to display them all on the home page, with no Categories at all.  What are the best ways that I can do this?  I welcome all suggestions.

Thank you!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: How to best display all my products on the home page only?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:52:41 PM »
How about listing all photos on the main page?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline artist3412

• View Profile
    • In The Wind Creations
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:47:25 AM »
If you are using the default version you can make them all "featured" products and simply not add (or disable it if already added)category to the home page layout (just have the featured block enabled and make sure you have it set on the home page layout). Make sure that enough featured items are allowed. This is done under system>Settings>General. Then as you make each product, turn on the "featured" setting
To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist.  ~Schumann

TopWebNames

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 03:56:11 AM »
How about listing all photos on the main page?

That's what I want to know... how do I simply list all my products on the main page?

TopWebNames

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 03:57:43 AM »
If you are using the default version you can make them all "featured" products and simply not add (or disable it if already added)category to the home page layout (just have the featured block enabled and make sure you have it set on the home page layout). Make sure that enough featured items are allowed. This is done under system>Settings>General. Then as you make each product, turn on the "featured" setting

Hi artist3412.  Thanks very much.  This is one of the "workarounds" that I thought of, but I was hoping there's a simple, direct method of doing this.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:25:08 AM »
You can list "Latest products" instead of featured. Latest will list all the products sorted by date.

If you need to list specific products, use listing data block with selected products. Add this block to main page content top or bottom.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

TopWebNames

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
You can list "Latest products" instead of featured. Latest will list all the products sorted by date.

If you need to list specific products, use listing data block with selected products. Add this block to main page content top or bottom.

I need to display all of them... 19 at this point... on the home page in numerical order by Catalog number, so adding a block as you suggest is probably the best way.

Thanks again!

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.