Author Topic: USPS default_usps Updates?  (Read 5649 times)

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
USPS default_usps Updates?
« on: July 09, 2023, 12:59:37 PM »
United States Postal Service
Version:
1.0.2 Installed on:
11/19/2019 08:35:34 PM

Are we going to get an update to the USPS Default_usps extension this week?  Since First Class and Parcel Post are no longer shipping options with USPS as of Today.  It's been changed to Ground Advantage, so Now when I attempt to checkout on my website, it no longer shows First Class or Parcel Post as shipping options, and it did yesterday.

I assume it just needs to have the api and core coding updated to reflect the new shipping options with USPS?  This is my MAIN way most people order and get their merch shipped.  How do we do this on our end? or is there something ya'll need to do with this core extension?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: USPS default_usps Updates?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 02:33:11 AM »
United States Postal Service
Version:
1.0.2 Installed on:
11/19/2019 08:35:34 PM

Are we going to get an update to the USPS Default_usps extension this week?  Since First Class and Parcel Post are no longer shipping options with USPS as of Today.  It's been changed to Ground Advantage, so Now when I attempt to checkout on my website, it no longer shows First Class or Parcel Post as shipping options, and it did yesterday.

I assume it just needs to have the api and core coding updated to reflect the new shipping options with USPS?  This is my MAIN way most people order and get their merch shipped.  How do we do this on our end? or is there something ya'll need to do with this core extension?

Hello. Can you please post a link to the "First Class and Parcel Post are no longer shipping options with USPS as of Today"?
And you have 1.0.2 outdated extension.  The last version is 1.1.0 (you can grab the code in the AbanteCart 1.3.3)

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 02:01:59 PM »
www.usps.com/ship/ground-advantage.htm  I'm not allowed to post links yet.

USPS has combined First Class Package, Parcel Select, and Ground into a new service as of 7/9/23 called Ground Advantage.  Most of the shipping programs have already updated their systems for this new postage class.  Only Amazon is still using First Class at this time as an option, but it's being treated as Ground Advantage.  They have until September to update their system from what I have learned.

Where can I grab the updated version?  Can you post a link to it?  When I updated to 1.3.3 it did not update my version from 1.0.2
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 04:39:31 AM by Basara »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2023, 04:44:17 AM »
Hello.
Thank you for the link.

If you upgrade to 1.3.3 you have the latest USPS

No ETA about new service

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2023, 12:55:53 PM »
As of right now, because the service's no longer exist with USPS, they don't show up on the consumer side (checkout pages) of the website.  If I knew more than basic code, or how USPS handles their coding, I'd just go in and make whatever changes need to occur... but alas this particular extension is outside of my wheelhouse, especially with it being built in... 

Is there anyone who's familiar with the coding of this extension that knows how it pulls the info from USPS?  I'm not opposed to learning... or making manual adjustments. lol.  I had to do that to get the stripe extension working again a while back, and then replacing certain files recently.  I currently have a "flat rate" option set up that covers most ground advantage orders, but it's a limited option obviously.  It's still showing priority and express no problem... just no longer showing parcel, first class, or any of the related services to customers at checkout.

My customers prefer the cheaper shipping options because of what they are buying (mostly stickers).

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 04:49:23 AM »
Hello.
The new methods were added to the USPS extension. You can wait for a week or two for the new AbanteCart release to upgrade or manually copy updated USPS extension files from the 1.3.4 branch

Thank you for your post.

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2023, 01:47:36 PM »
I went in and did a manual update of the extension to 1.2, but for some reason it's not showing up on the cart.  It shows fine on the back end and lets me select all the defaults and setup the login etc, but it's not showing up in the shopping cart at checkout.  help?!

Nevermind.  got it.  Was a "weight" issue... had to enter .01 for it to show.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 01:50:41 PM by badmouse »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 05:12:28 PM »
Hello,  I see you are new to the forum,  welcome. First is it nice to have participants in the forum.  But I do suggest that postings should aspire to be correct. 

With the said,  let me correct your posting: The DEFAULT USPS  is NOT a third-party.  It is a core dev application.  As you can see that in the posting from Basara (who is a core developer).   

There is a third-party enhanced USPS integration (WHY2 is the developer of that extension)   And  it was updated  in July for version 1.3.3  with the changes in the services executed by USPS.  You can verify this at our manual here  https://why2central.net/docs/usps-changelog/

That manual can be a good resource for how to even with the core USPS.  We just added some features our clients needed.

I hope this add clarity for forum readers.

Cheers
Lee (the WHY2 support team)

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.