Author Topic: Changing How a Shipping Method is Displayed to the Customer  (Read 2834 times)

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
What I am trying to do is change what is displayed to the customer at Checkout for Shipping Methods. 

Example:  I am using the Weight Based Shipping Extension, but it displays to the customer as option: 

Weight Based Shipping
       USA Weight Based-No Tracking (Weight: 0.50oz)

I want to remove that "No Tracking" part of what's displayed... or change it to say Limited Tracking.  Is that Possible?  Where in the extension's coding can I make that Adjustment? 

Every order that I ship comes with at least Limited Tracking (USPS Acceptance, and tracking through the US postal automated machine scans).  I just don't want to confuse people with the words no tracking, when tracking is clearly an option for this selected ship method.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing How a Shipping Method is Displayed to the Customer
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 03:16:25 AM »
Hello.
You can ask the extension developer but did you search this in Language Definitions?

Offline badmouse

• View Profile
    • Bad Mouse Designs
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 12:08:16 PM »
Its one of the default extensions for shipping. 

So.....

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 03:14:02 AM »
Hello.
By default, the Weight based shipping shows the Location name and weight so the "No Tracking" text is something unique to your store. Check your Location name, text customization, or code modifications.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.