Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Collections, custom layout and Default Template  (Read 3391 times)

Offline jcschott

• View Profile
Collections, custom layout and Default Template
« on: October 25, 2023, 07:51:52 PM »
I am having some issues pinpointing where this issue is on the default template not showing a custom layout.
I have created a collection and modified the layout adding a custom HTML_block.
The html_block is active and saved under the default template. I can see the collection listed under the layout and Blocks manager.

If I use the same html_block and add it to the default page layout it appears as expected on the collection page (as well as all other default pages).
If I change to the bootstrap5 template and apply the custom layout using the same block it works.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Collections, custom layout and Default Template
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 05:00:26 AM »
You found a bug here.
Temporary solution is creating new layout for collection only for active template. (just remove layout in admin->design->layout and recreate on collection edit page)
Fix will be in v1.3.5.
Thank you.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline jcschott

• View Profile
Re: Collections, custom layout and Default Template
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 03:18:32 PM »
Thanks. I'll wait for the release as I am still getting some issues. All collections even with custom layouts (only using the collections --> Layout) are using the same template.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.