Author Topic: Problem when changing language  (Read 1010 times)

Offline garcia110

• View Profile
Problem when changing language
« on: December 05, 2023, 10:52:37 PM »
Greetings, I have installed this system and I congratulate the creators because the system is very, very good.
I have installed and uninstalled several times because I had some errors.
When I install it, by default it should show the demo images, the category image is not shown, only the name of the category is visible and the products are shown inside. When you selected the color in this demo product; New flip-flop sandals with diamonds and high wedge heels for women. The color was white, meaning the letter of the colors was not shown, although the image changed.
An error also appeared, saying that order 14, the customer had to cancel it and they had to go to the database to resolve that.
After several installations, I have realized that it is the language ID that causes these problems, by default the English language is number 1,
When entering another language, it should default to the ID of language 2.
I leave this message because I imagine that it has happened to many...
So, as it already happened to me, I would like to make a copy of the English language to translate it little by little and if I have a problem, then put the original. Does anyone know how to make a copy of the English language?
Thank you! a hug. :)

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem when changing language
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 02:31:54 AM »
Hello.
It is hard to understand your problem but when you add new language to make it default you need to change this in Store settings https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/6586384/Storefront+Language

When you have 2 or more languages the descriptions of your products, categories, banners are multilanguage now and obviously you need to enter them.
There is a tool in AbanteCart to copy dynamic descriptions from one language to another please read Load missing (not translated) language data https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/15433741/Add+Language#AddLanguage-AfterLanguageinstalled

Offline garcia110

• View Profile
Re: Problem when changing language
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 01:23:07 PM »
The problem is solved by copying the missing sources from the English language to Spanish.
Now everything works correctly.
Thank you!!

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.