Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: AbanteCart v 1.3.1: Images not uploading, only get generic red camera instead  (Read 1232 times)

Offline coldstorage

• View Profile
Hello,

I did a search of the forum and consulted current threads, exhausting the solutions I found but I am still stuck. I reviewed the rules and apologize if I missed something in my below inquiry, I made every effort to comply.

I have a fresh install of AbanteCart 1.3.1 using installtron from my godaddy cPanel and I am really loving it so far compared to my other store which is running opencart. I was not able to install the most recent AbanteCart because I am stuck in an older PHP (7.3) because updating breaks my other ecommerce site I am running from the same hosting acct.

The issue I am having is that the system is uploading the image successfully (I believe), but the thumbnail in the admin panel just shows a default red camera and the item page itself shows no IMG. The reason I know that the image is successfully uploading is that I can access the image directly if I use the link so I know its not erroring as it uploads at least.

I suspect I am missing something really obvious but I have exhausted my own solutions so I am here hat in hand asking for help.

See attachments for screen shots showing:
 -the red camera that I am assuming is some kind of generic preview for error images...?
 -the item page showing no img (but does show a " the image could not be loaded" error message when I hover over it.
 -the image displaying correctly when using the direct url, indicating the upload was successful.

Thanks for your kind attention and patience.

Offline coldstorage

• View Profile
Update:

Have been running all types of experiments saving at various file sizes and in various formats with no success until I opened my jpg in preview, screenshot it w my Mac, saved as a PNG locally, then uploaded the screenshot PNG and.... low and behold... that worked. It is odd, because if I export the jpg from the preview as a PNG that does NOT work. And, the PNG screenshot is much larger (3.5MB) than the JPG (which is only 700KB) so I do not think its an issue of file size with regards to the JPG not working.

Of course this workaround will get me up and running but I am still keen on a better solution that will remove the extra unnecessary screen shot step.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Please check to see if jpeg is set up in the allowed file extensions

https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/24281122/Add+new+resource+type

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
It can be a broken GD php library or most likely incorrect write permissions to the /image/thumbnails/ or /resources/image/ directory.
Please check the latest errors in the AbanteCart error log

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.