Author Topic: Order system emails not being received  (Read 1244 times)

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
Order system emails not being received
« on: March 12, 2024, 02:22:48 PM »
Hello,
For this site the version is 1.3.1. When a sale is made, the email to the admin is not received and the email to the customer is not received.

I have another site it does work for that I bounced all the same settings and it's running 1.2.16.

Do I have a bad file or anything needed for version 1.3.1?
Thank you.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Order system emails not being received
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 03:53:35 AM »
Hello.
Upgrade to the latest 1.3.4 version it has improved mail sender

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 10:04:29 AM »
Hi Basara,
Thanks for your reply.
Can you please direct me to instructions to upgrade my version. I am afraid I will mess it up or lose my info. If I can follow exact instructions I can do it with confidence.
Thank you.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 10:21:08 AM »
Hello.
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/4980799/AbanteCart+Upgrade
Before upgrade check the error log. Your hosting provider can block your outgoing mail or some other issue.

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 12:30:35 AM »
I will certainly check my error log, thank you. Was out of town last week is why I am just now replying. I appreciate this so much!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 11:02:06 AM »
Still not receiving notifications when making a sale. Does 1.3.3 fix that?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 04:24:55 AM »
Still not receiving notifications when making a sale. Does 1.3.3 fix that?
Could you please check if there are any errors in the AbanteCart or server error logs? Also, have you made any modifications to or disabled any email templates in the Design > Email Templates section?

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 09:54:07 PM »
Hello Basara,
Thank you for getting back to me. It has been a couple of days and I didn't see your message. I updated to version 1.3.3 but it still doesn't email a notification when a sale is made. Two sales today but no notification. I even put to text me but that didn't work. I have not altered any templates in Email Templates and they all are turned ON. My Cpanel error log says No recent web server errors exist for your domain: battleforjefferson.com. And when I click error log in AbanteCart I get the big thumbs up.  I have my email addresses set up in Edit Notification Settings for New Orders and everything else. I also put the email addresses in the System Settings Mail section for Additional Alert E-Mails:
In the Mail section, for the Mail Transporting: pulldown menu, should I set it to Mail, SMTP or Take from system/config.php? I bet this is where the problem is for me. I have it currently selected to Mail. Thanks again for the help.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2024, 01:45:09 AM »
Hello.
The latest version is 1.3.4. The Mail mean all email send by your hosting provider (PHP mail send feature) and if it is not work you should ask your hosting support why it is blocked.

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2024, 06:15:15 PM »
Hello, I will certainly update but I remember you saying in the video to use the link that is provided in the system messages. I do not have the message to update to 1.3.4. Is there an alternate way to do the update?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2024, 01:31:43 AM »
Hello, I will certainly update but I remember you saying in the video to use the link that is provided in the system messages. I do not have the message to update to 1.3.4. Is there an alternate way to do the update?

Hello. Please follow https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/4980799/AbanteCart+Upgrade

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2024, 09:41:19 AM »
Hello Basara, I don't feel confident enough to do the upgrade manually. Will the system eventually push me a message for the automatic upgrade? Or can you send me the message in my system for the automatic upgrade, that would be good. I hope so. Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2024, 09:50:52 AM »
Hello.
You can upgrade from the admin section by clicking on the message about an upgrade or using the abantecart_upgrade_134 installation key in the extension installation section.

Offline rightonjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 09:51:11 PM »
Just to make sure what you are saying.
I can click on the exiting message that says "Upgrade for your AbanteCart to new version 1.3.3 is now available. Please click --> this link to start the upgrade."
And when it takes me to the Package Installer page and the prefilled text says "abantecart_upgrade_133", I can change that text to read abantecart_upgrade_134, and then click Continue.

So to say it for everyone, as long as you have an original link to upgrade, you can type it the upgrade number. And as you stated previously, upgrades must be done in order, no skipping a version.

If this is all correct, please let me know so I can do it and my customer can start receiving emails when sales are made. THANK YOU Mr. Basara.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 01:17:07 AM »
Hello.
You don't need a direct link to access the Package Installer. Simply go to Extensions > Install Extension in your dashboard. Also, while there could be various reasons for outgoing emails not functioning properly on your hosting, it's advisable to ensure you're using the latest version of AbanteCart for optimal performance.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.