Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Make digital products immediately available for download  (Read 6279 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Make digital products immediately available for download
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
Greetings - I have figured how to setup a digital product thanks to the excellent documentation, but when ordered the status shows "pending" and the download is not available until changing it to "complete" - now this download is priced at $0 so there is no issue of payment here.  Under  system > settings > checkout the Order Status is set to pending, which is fine for tangible goods - - how can I set downloads for immediate download after payment? 

Thank you in advance for the assistance
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Make digital products immediately available for download
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:04:20 AM »
Greetings - I have figured how to setup a digital product thanks to the excellent documentation, but when ordered the status shows "pending" and the download is not available until changing it to "complete" - now this download is priced at $0 so there is no issue of payment here.  Under  system > settings > checkout the Order Status is set to pending, which is fine for tangible goods - - how can I set downloads for immediate download after payment? 

Thank you in advance for the assistance
Ron
Hello.
Please check Admin > System > Settings > General > Download Order Status: value. Set the order status the customers order must reach before they are allowed to access their downloadable products.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »
That did it - thanks much!  Will this still function in the same manner if a customer orders a mixture of digital (downloadable) products and tangible products at the same time? 

I greatly appreciate the assistance, thank you. 

All the best,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline xbusymom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 11:48:04 PM »
I came upon a workaround... when I had a free pdf file that was not allowed to upload to store with product specs on item setup page...

//www.yoglin. com/store/ (In Self Help section - The Kitchen Medicine Book)

of course you won't get the customers' info for that free product (if that is the only thing they get)  but at least it is a possibility.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 12:02:03 AM »
Thank you xbusymom for sharing that as a solution - mine are paid for at this point but I will be putting up some free stuff as well and found that if I assign a cost of $0.00 then it can still be processed and will get the customer info and possibly a newsletter subscription - but you never know, I just may incorporate this solution as well depending on what develops so thanks much. 

Additionally, I thank you for the great book that you are giving away - it is excellent information of relevance, very kind of you.  Have sent the link to your website to friends as well for they will also be interested. 

All the best,
Ron

Offline xbusymom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 12:10:17 AM »
Thanks for spreading the word. I am still trying to get certain parts of my store to work correctly... I have a few digital works (and more coming) that are for sale but I am not sure how to get the download notification to the customer after the order is completed...?? I tried a test purchase with a different free product and did get the invoice, but no link to DL.  Any advice please??

Laura

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 12:56:13 AM »
After making the purchase, or in this case I understand that you also used a $0.00 priced product, going to "my account" and clicking on downloads there is a link that is set to download.  The download link shows up whenever the download status is as set.  Mine is set to "pending" for downloads so when purchased (test it on zero balance) you'll see it available right away.  This setting is at system > settings > general - see the graphic attached.  Hope this is clear and helpful in some manner, been a long day and the old brain is taxed at the moment  ;)

All the very best,
Ron

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.