Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: SOLVED: <audio> tag question  (Read 3547 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
SOLVED: <audio> tag question
« on: October 24, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
Greetings - this might be a wrong question for this section or this forum but thought to ask here first.  When adding a sample MP3 to a listing I am using the HTML5 <audio> tag.  Works excellent in Chrome and Opera but not in Firefox - in FF no player shows at all.  Anyone else have this problem and if so would appreciate some advice.  I could use a flash mp3 player but they do not work with mobile devices and at the same time don't want to have desktop FF browser to show a description with missing player. 

If this is not the proper place to ask for this assistance please just let me know and I'll move it if that is the case. 

All the best
Ron
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 12:47:12 PM by buddahboy »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: <audio> tag question
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 12:42:31 PM »
This has been solved, thanks.  I had to add an *.ogg addition to the tag and offer both MP3 and OGG - my lack of knowledge so just writing to let anyone know that this is fixed for me. 

Thanks much
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!