eCommerce construction > Templates

Illustrated guide for custom AbanteCart template development

<< < (4/13) > >>

shankar_7950:
Hi,

I have followed the steps and have an error while accessing my front end.

There has been an error processing your request
Please check error log for more info. You can check error log in the control panel if it is functional. Otherwise, refer to error log located in your web server

And i have found in error log file

AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 No layout found for page_id/controller 2::pages/index/home!

can you please help me to get rid out of this.

I am using the version abantecart_1.1.8

abantecart:
It looks like your template is missing layouts completely, including default page layout. Try to import layout from default template.

finzero:
Hi Admin,

I followed the Instructions, but i stuck on step 3.

1. First what you need is to install extension development tool from the link below:
work perfectly, the "Extension Developer Tools" appear in the system section

2. Build (clone) template extension from default_html5 template
work perfectly, i go to extensions folder and the new Extension is created

3. Generate Layout from default_html5 template
after i click generate button on step 2, the page redirect to "All Project" tab, but i see nothing there. according to the Illustration image, there should be the new project i've generate before. i checked on the "Extensions > All Extensions" the new template extension is there but didn't appear on All Project in the Developer Tools list.

am i missing something ? i'm using V1.1.9

thanks before :)

johca:
I got it loaded a-ok, but no option to open project to select default_html5 and click "Save layout XML" button after the new template was generated.

galangdj:
I'm using AbanteCart version 1.2.0 as of the moment and I've struggled finding that button/link to generate layout.xml. For those who come here seeking help and probably still using the Extension Developer Tools v.1.0 which I believe isn't optimized for the latest version then this is for you.

If you're using Google Chrome. Open DevTools using F12 keyboard. Inspect element beside the newly created project. This gets you closer to the source and see the link. Just expand until you see the link. See attachment for_version_1.2.0.png.

NOTE: Important not to install the newly created project/extension yet to properly create the layout.xml.

To generate, click on Others tab and click blank button with title "Save Layout XML". See attachment save_layout.png.

Hope that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version