Author Topic: notifications for new code and updated extensions  (Read 4860 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
notifications for new code and updated extensions
« on: November 18, 2013, 03:45:05 PM »
Hello Abantecart support!  Thanks for making this cart. 

Here's what seems to need a solution:  when there are code fixes and extension updates (Abantecart extensions)  how does one know this?  Currently there is a need for the PayPal Express Checkout to have a fix this to be available in a couple of days - So how do those of us who have that extension know there is a fix and what we need to do - download the latest version or go to github, etc?

Reading the board frequently gets me some of the fixes - but if they came prior to my starting on the board a couple of months ago - it's not a sure thing I will get know.

Can you perhaps make a new section on the board that actually posts fixes and updates to extensions.  This would need to inform us in addition to what is being fixed as to which version the fix is for - ex.    http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1208.0/topicseen.html  This was good information if one wants to disable the review -  And if running ver 1.1.7.  I am assuming once 1.1.8 is ready,  it will include this.  Therefore the fix needs to state that it is for versions 1.1.7 and earlier (if that is correct) 

Just going to github - doesn't quite do it.  I never know exactly what the code is really fixing - and rather I need it or not.

Thanks for considering a more concise way for users to find this information.
Lee

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: notifications for new code and updated extensions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:24:36 PM »
Thank you for this comment. We have ability in the core message system of abantecart to notify about extensions update or upgrade. We are still in process of improving marketplace and building tools to provide these notifications. It will be similar to core upgrade messages.

Changes are coming
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:18:00 PM »
Yes,  that would be great for the extensions and versions updates.

But please consider a section on the board also -  for codes fixes, etc.  I don't believe the notification message area is the correct place - for things things like the Catalog images centering changes,  or the linking content fix,  etc. 

thanks for listening.
Lee

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:49:11 PM »
Sure, but not all extensions come from us. Commercial extensions come from algozone.
That is why we need to build better process around it.

Thank you for bringing this up.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.