Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Discount based on group  (Read 4551 times)

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Discount based on group
« on: December 03, 2013, 07:47:25 PM »
I'd like to offer discounts or free shipping to customers based on which customer group they are in.  I can't see a way to do this other than edit every product to add a group discount.  This is not feasible due to the amount of products I have.  Plus if I wanted to change the discount I'd have to go back through every product again.
I'd just like to have a blanket discount, or free shipping for anyone in a particular group.
I see in the extensions store there is an extension called "Customer Group Update (Customer Loyalty)".  Would this do what I want?  Or is there someway to do it without the extension that I am missing?

Another option is to instead use the Reward Points extension. Does anyone have experience with this?  Does it work well?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Discount based on group
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline calbashmc

• View Profile
Re: Discount based on group
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »
There isn't much detail about what it does in the extension store.  Does it allow for rewards system as well as other promotions?
Why would I buy that over buying both the rewards extension and the group extension?
They really need to provide more details for extensions sold in the extension store, they'd probably sell a lot more.  A youtube vid of it in use would also help market these extensions.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.