Author Topic: Quantity for options combination .. ?  (Read 4917 times)

Offline cookie

• View Profile
Quantity for options combination .. ?
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »
Hi,

I must say that so far this cart is the 1st one I am testing that comes closer to what a 2014 shopping cart should look like.

However, one detail is still missing to make it really keep pace with the latest trends in e-commerce.

Attaching a quantity field to any options combination is what I am missing in all the carts I have evaluated so far, abantecart included.

Is there a way to achieve that?

Say I have a product with following option combinations:

Combination1 made out of the following (imagine selling a box of chocolates with various flavors, the customer is the one deciding how many of each flavor comes into the box):
      Option1:
          - Dark chocolate
          - Milk chocolate
       Option2: Filling
          - Mint
          - Chocolate
          - Blueberry

Now what I am still missing here is the possibility for the customer to pick up a quantity for the wished combination, say "10 pieces "Dark chocolate with mint flavor" and 15 pieces "Milk chocolate / Blueberry filling". And they all come into the same box ...

You know what I mean?

Is it possible to attach a quantity field to say the "Filling" option?

How can I do that?

Thank you in advance

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Quantity for options combination .. ?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:05:33 AM »
However, one detail is still missing to make it really keep pace with the latest trends in e-commerce.
Attaching a quantity field to any options combination is what I am missing in all the carts I have evaluated so far, abantecart included.
Is there a way to achieve that?
Say I have a product with following option combinations:

Combination1 made out of the following (imagine selling a box of chocolates with various flavors, the customer is the one deciding how many of each flavor comes into the box):
      Option1:
          - Dark chocolate
          - Milk chocolate
          - Mint
          - Chocolate
          - Blueberry

Yes. Did you look at global attributes for products?
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/69-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/global-attributes
You can set qtty and you can also group options if you create parent attribute.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
Thank you for your reply!
Yes, I have seen that but what I meant was the possibility for the customer to pick up a quantity of an option in the frontend while purchasing the product and not for the admin to define it in the backend.
Sort of an extra input field attached to the option or defined combination but in the frontend.

You know what I mean?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:19:47 AM by cookie »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Hi Cookie,

This isn't exactly the solution you're looking for, but one I am using for a somewhat similar situation. Thought perhaps it might work for you, at least until there is another way.

I have several sizes of gift buckets, each is priced separately and each states how many products it holds, then the customer chooses the size container and then choose the contents from any of our items -our items are at least one pound packages so only a few go in.
Directions for choosing your items for a custom Gift Bucket:
Our LARGE Gift Bucket holds 4-6 items

• Select your bucket color and size.  Add it to your shopping bag.
  • Shop from any of our products to select the items you wish to add your Gift Bucket.  Add each item to your shopping bag.
This would of course mean you need to price each of your chocolates or cookies (whatever you're filling your box with) individually. etc.  and each of your containers would need a price even if it is zero.

BTW,  what's your site - sounds like you've got somethings I might like to consume ;)

Lee

Offline cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:46:30 PM »
Hi Lee,

Thanks a lot for the idea, but I really need all those options linked to the product ...
Otherwise, if the user happen to oder more additional stuff no one will know which is the bundle and which the single products ...
Consider we also wish for a personalised package for each product, so that would make it a bit more complicated

Hey, the site is not onlien yet (still trying to find the best cart solution for that) but hopefull will be a sweet  ;D experience !
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:20:14 AM by cookie »

Offline coffee123

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
Hi,
     Is anyone still having problems linking options?  My situation is like this.  Say you have:

Option1: Darkness
          - Dark chocolate
          - Milk chocolate
          - Mint
          - Chocolate
          - Blueberry

Here is what I want to put in the system:

Product Swiss Chocolate:
Quantity: 3, Darkness: Dark Chocolate, Filling: Blueberry (Linked together by SKU = 5)
Quantity: 5, Darkness: Dark Chocolate, Filling: Mint (Linked together by SKU = 4)

So on and so forth.  Is it possible to do options like this?  I want to link product-stock options together and I thought I can do it according to SKU, but I cant get the linking to work.  Was this issue resolved in any version of AbanteCart?

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.