Author Topic: PayPal Express warning after 1.1.8 update  (Read 7933 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
PayPal Express warning after 1.1.8 update
« on: January 28, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »
I am having an issue with the PayPal Express extension - seems to be only with the bill me later button.  If I don't use the bml - I don't have the warning.

I  updated to version 1.1.8  yesterday.  Have reloaded the PayPal Extension today as seen in my extension screen:
Warnings:
2014-01-28 14:17:52 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 ADispatch: blocks/paypal_express_checkout_bml_button construct FAILED. Missing or incorrect controller route path. Possibly layout block is enabled for disabled or missing extension!  in ......../public_html/shop/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 76
2014-01-28 14:17:52 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 ADispatch: skipping unavailable controller … in .........../public_html/shop/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 237

Please instruct on how to fix this.

Lee

gordontaylor

Re: PayPal Express warning after 1.1.8 update
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »
Lee,

I know this is a dumbass question, but did you go into the blocks section and make sure PayPal express is enabled?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:35:28 AM »
well I support the position that the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask!

But yes I did.  The Paypal button works just fine and it is part of the extension, so it would seem that the extension is able to be found partially.  It's only the BML (bill me later) that has started this warning since the 1.1.8 upgrade.

But thanks for asking - I have been known to miss the obvious!

gordontaylor

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 11:41:42 AM »
I have zero experience with PayPal, I have avoided them like the plauge after a couple of my web associates started making big money with their websites and had PayPal seize their accounts for 90 days until they could prove or PayPal could investigate that they were real.

I just use Autorize.net via a Merchant Account and have no issues.

The issue I have with PayPal is that their NOT a bank and can do what they damn well please with your money. My buddy Joel had a few HUNDRED thousand dollars tied up with them for nearly 6 months. Even his high power lawyers kept hitting stone walls with PP.

SolidTrustPay has been known to do the same thing as well as AlertPay. Once again, they are NOT banks and therefore are not restricted by law.

PP plays favorites and courts the big corps, but when the little guy starts to make money.....bam....they seize you until you can prove otherwise. Google it, you'll find dozens of horror stories.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 11:56:32 AM »
I don't disagree with your comments.  But there are always two sides (or more) to these issues.  What I have found in my over 10 years selling things online that there are issues with every solution.  And a lot of "issues" with PayPal come about by how the merchant runs their business in regards to refunds, shipping, etc.  PayPal does favor the customer in a complaint status - they have improved in the last couple of years.   With that said,  all processors favor the customer complaints, it is always the merchant's burden to prove they did provide the customer with the item or service as defined by the sale.

In this particular business model,  the start up for my distributors needs to be as low-cost as possible until on-line volume of sales increase enough pay the extra costs for other payment methods.  I have a unique model,  in that the online functions as a way to expand customer reach,  but it primarily is set to function as an online catalog when the distributors call on their customers. 

Additionally,  PayPal does have that Bill Me Later function,  which has positive impact on my distributors when their business customers are buying big for Holiday gift giving - it smooths their customers cash flow and increases the distributors income without having to run a credit department or credit check.  So there are some very positives to using PayPal for some businesses.

Just my take on the post :)
Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »
I am having an issue with the PayPal Express extension - seems to be only with the bill me later button.  If I don't use the bml - I don't have the warning.

I  updated to version 1.1.8  yesterday.  Have reloaded the PayPal Extension today as seen in my extension screen:
Warnings:
2014-01-28 14:17:52 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 ADispatch: blocks/paypal_express_checkout_bml_button construct FAILED. Missing or incorrect controller route path. Possibly layout block is enabled for disabled or missing extension!  in ......../public_html/shop/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 76
2014-01-28 14:17:52 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 ADispatch: skipping unavailable controller … in .........../public_html/shop/core/engine/dispatcher.php on line 237

Please instruct on how to fix this.

Lee

try to remove block paypal_express_checkout_bml_button from all your layouts in admin
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:03 PM »
I had already tried that - but thanks for the suggestion it triggered another thought.  So I think I've figured out the issue and it has some unique attributes.

Here's what my testing shows:
 Within the Extension there is a check box for Bill Me later,  it seems to be the major controlling factor.
   a.  with the check box on - it will show the BML button on all pages - even if you do not have the block enabled on the Layouts.
   b. with the check box off - it will NOT show the BML on any page, even if you have a block enabled.

So it seems to me the there is an issue with how the checkbox with the Extension interacts with blocks enabling in Layouts.  The control feature for rather BML later button shows is within the Extension check box function.

For the moment,  I seem to have the settings correct and am not getting any additional warnings for BML.

Test it out and see if you're getting the same results. 

Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 02:26:35 PM »
hmm...as i see  setting for BML affects on block paypal_express_checkout_button..not on paypal_express_checkout_bml_button
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 02:46:11 PM »
Sorry, I am not quite sure what you're telling me with your reply. 

Are you seeing the same issue  or a different result?

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 06:12:41 PM »
after installation of extension you see 2 blocks in layout form selectboxes:
 - paypal_express_checkout_button
 - paypal_express_checkout_bml_button
When i  use only block paypal_express_checkout_button i see effect from enabled BML-setting of extension.
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »
That sounds like what I am seeing also.  Do you concur that is a different than expected result?

It seems that the BML block has no effect.  That the BML is controlled entirely from within the Extension settings.

Do you agree that is the case?  And if yes,  if a fix required?  other than ignoring the block and allowing the extension to add the BML button.

Thanks
Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 05:05:38 AM »
That sounds like what I am seeing also.  Do you concur that is a different than expected result?

It seems that the BML block has no effect.  That the BML is controlled entirely from within the Extension settings.

Do you agree that is the case?  And if yes,  if a fix required?  other than ignoring the block and allowing the extension to add the BML button.

Thanks
Lee

mmm...actually, i don't understand what i need to fix.  Both buttons (for express checkout and BML) shown by the same controller - paypal_express_checkout_button. When i switch on, BML button appears on page.
but..i see that block with id paypal_express_checkout_bml_button not needed anymore.
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
Ok,  I now understand that you are seeing the same results - so rather the BML shows or not is entirely controlled within the extension.

would suggest that the directions should explain that the BML button is controlled within the extension.  And I am wondering if the BML block within the templates as a selection is confusing to users as it has no functionality now. 

I am good to go now, just suggesting improved directions for the future.  Thanks for the help.

Lee