Author Topic: account activation language changes on page and email  (Read 6288 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
account activation language changes on page and email
« on: June 28, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »
Thank you for making the account activation with a choice to send an activation email.  I would like to edit the verbiage on the Create Account page in the Newsletter area  to indicate they will also get an activation newsletter email  as I use MailChimp extension.

And I would like to edit the verbiage on the email that goes out for the account activation also.

Please tell me where to do both of these -  searching has not discovered them for me.

Thanks
Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: account activation language changes on page and email
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
Did you tried to find wronge verbiage on admis side? I mean language definitions...
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 11:19:05 PM »
yes,  I did try that several times before I posted,  but I must report I tried it again after you response.   And I have been successful in in find two of the three places  and I am happy with that for now.

I do have an additional question about the activation email that is system generated -  how can we make it more attractive?
Something closer to what our order emails look like -  Our cart pages are so slick looking, and the order emails are nice now,  but the the account activation is plain.  What all can we place in the XML file to pretty up the emai?  Or what is the template file that generates that email?

Thanks
Lee

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 06:16:08 AM »
I do have an additional question about the activation email that is system generated -  how can we make it more attractive?
Something closer to what our order emails look like -  Our cart pages are so slick looking, and the order emails are nice now,  but the the account activation is plain.  What all can we place in the XML file to pretty up the emai?  Or what is the template file that generates that email?

Thanks
Lee

i can propose quick solution..
create your own tpl for activation emails, for ex inside public_html/storefront/view/default_html5/template/mail directory.. let's name it as "activate.tpl"
Paste some html-code and save.
Then open file public_html/storefront/controller/pages/account/create.php and paste 2 lines
Code: [Select]
$template = new ATemplate();
$mail->setHtml( $template->fetch('mail/activate.tpl') );

before
Code: [Select]
$mail->setText(html_entity_decode($message, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'));
P.S. you can look into file public_html/storefront/model/checkout/order.php to look how to make this tpl for dynamical
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »
Greetings - thanks for this info, very useful as we are trying to make notifications uniform. 

The create page has been modified as mentioned above and sends the correct document. 

I've edited the order_confirm.tpl page and the page looks pretty good, pending more refinements; but, I am not sure which code goes at:

1.  Welcome for registering at (shop name)

2.  Confirmation URL

I am attaching the page - I'm certain that it is my lack in understanding and would appreciate your help with this or suggestion for how to solve. 

Thank you very much
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 03:26:58 PM »
Hi,  Just so you know Ron and I are trying to work on this together - but we're both a bit code challenged. 
He's posted his code above   and I am giving you a screen shot of what we're getting.

If you can assist us in getting this code right - that would be great.   In the meantime I've altered the XML to handle it less elegantly.

What I would like to request is adding an enhanced activation email to the next version so all would have a nicer look to go with the rest of our great looking sites.

Thanks for all your good work and support.

Lee

Offline natdroid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 05:48:16 AM »
Where is the abantecart development roadmap?

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.