Author Topic: Sorry, but error occurred during installation: Internal Server Error:  (Read 6965 times)

Offline GregAspen

• View Profile
Can't find anything on this topic online experienced with a fresh install. I get no errors until after I input DB and admin info then the install bar starts and quickly fails with the message: "Sorry, but error occurred during installation:
Internal Server Error:" I've tried this in numerous browsers with the same result.

I host on a VPS at HostGator with the following config.

Parallels Plesk Panel v10.4.4 os_CentOS 5, Linux 2.6

Any light on this error would be awesome!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Sorry, but error occurred during installation: Internal Server Error:
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 02:56:33 PM »
Do you have Softaculous as a way to install?  if so give it a try,  if you get the same issue -  then ask your host about the configuration.

I am assuming your manually trying to install -  I've run into some similar issues,  usually has to do with the database info you provide in the manual install.

Lee

Offline Rex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:35:35 AM »
I know this is an old thread, but still ... This happened to me too. There is no documentation what so ever that offers a solution. I have checked the database connection and there is nothing wrong with it. AbanteCart writes to it without problems. Still, I can't continue with the install. All I get is this unsatisfying error message: "Following error has occurred during installation:
Internal Server Error: ".

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 03:48:24 AM »
All I get is this unsatisfying error message: "Following error has occurred during installation:
Internal Server Error: ".

Hi.

For Internal Server Error contact with your hosting provider also check for last errors in the AbanteCart error log

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.