Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Insert new product hangs  (Read 7891 times)

Offline johca

• View Profile
Insert new product hangs
« on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:44 AM »
Abantecart v1.2.0

Clicking the insert new product button results in plus icon going to a circling arrow icon.  No frame to enter new product pops up.

Was able to load two products and could not enter the third.  Cleared all caches using cache management panel.  Even logged out of cart admin and logged back in.  A few hours later was able to load a third product.  After a few hours I have been able to load a fourth product.

I did a check of MySQL database and discovered "abc_stores] warning: Found row where the auto_increment column has the value 0"  This may or may not be connected to the problem, but its the only thing I've found in any log of a warning or an error.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Insert new product hangs
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 05:29:54 AM »
Hello.

Looks like you have slow hosting or connection issues.
Regarding database warning - run tables repair in phpmyadmin

Offline johca

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 03:42:36 PM »
Actually disregard add product problem.  I went back to folders and files setting and found chmod 0755 or 0777 system/config.php was for some reason 644, changed to 755 and can now load products. (Either my goof or somehow it got changed to 644 without me realizing it).  It appears this incorrect 644 setting has the most disruption impact on adding new products.

However subsequently accomplishing table repair in phpmyadmin doesn't correct or resolve the auto increment "0" value warning.   Table repair is reported as successful, but check table show "0" value warning.  See attached increment pdf file.

I went back and double checked these install instructions these folders and files and found  chmod 0755 or 0777 system/config.php was for some reason 644.  Changed it to 755 and add new products is now functioning.

If you have a Linux/Unix make sure the following folders and files are writable.
   chmod -R 0755  or 0777 image/
   chmod -R 0755 or 0777 system/cache/
   chmod -R 0755 or 0777 system/logs/
   chmod -R 0755 or 0777 download/
   chmod -R 0755 or 0777 extensions/
   chmod -R 0755 or 0777 resources/
   chmod 0755 or 0777 system/config.php

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:24:20 PM by johca »

Offline johca

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 07:37:56 PM »
Clicking the insert new product button results in plus icon going to a circling arrow icon.  However it is avoided by rapid multiple clicks.  It's weird as this is the only doing something action were this behavior is encountered and I'm providing what works for me if somebody else encounters this.

The situation is a single click on the insert new product button results in plus changing to a continuously rotating arrow.   It stays in this status for ever as I just let it do this for 60 minutes to see if it clears.  It doesn't.   If you start rapidly clicking the insert new product icon after it changes from a plus to the rotating arrow there is no popup of the add (insert new product) frame (panel).

However clicking on the insert new icon and immediately going into a sequence of rapidly clicking while it's still a plus icon takes me almost immediately to the desired add product screen.

This may just be a weird isolated fluke situation for my PC and hosting server, but if somebody else encounters the same problem, they can try what I found works for me.

I've inserted over 50 new products, and the circling arrow icon issue does continue to happen if I do not click and then immediately proceed into rapidly clicking the plus icon for inserting new product.

Other than this I've not encountered any other weird functioning or glitch with my use and interface with abantecart.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:16:29 AM »
However clicking on the insert new icon and immediately going into a sequence of rapidly clicking while it's still a plus icon takes me almost immediately to the desired add product screen.

Hello. What is your OS and browser, browser version? Did you see issue in other browsers?

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »
This is the same issue I have reported on add and edit.  It occurs on Chrome.  Windows 7.  I have not tried it on other browsers.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 09:51:01 AM »
This is the same issue I have reported on add and edit.  It occurs on Chrome.  Windows 7.  I have not tried it on other browsers.
We suggest to clear browser cache see how to clear cache in Chrome
 Then restart browser
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:56:13 AM by Basara »

Offline johca

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »
My OS is 64 bit Window 7 professional.  Browser is Internet Explorer 11.   I will try clear browser cache to see if that results in any change.   However, the solution I found continues to work for me a-ok.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 01:38:35 AM »
My OS is 64 bit Window 7 professional.  Browser is Internet Explorer 11.   I will try clear browser cache to see if that results in any change.   However, the solution I found continues to work for me a-ok.

Thank you. For now we can not replicate your issue on 3 computers and different browsers

Offline thedarksyde

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
It is occurring for me, but far less than it did.  It only occurred once yesterday, and it has happened today once on an edit.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.