Author Topic: How to check profits?  (Read 4962 times)

Offline liverpool0603

• View Profile
How to check profits?
« on: July 20, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »
Hi there guys, i've been searching around and even tried to search here but i can't see to understand or find out how i can find out what is the profits that i have made for the sales i have had?

There is an option to list the cost price and sales price. But i can't figure out how to find out the profits? Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks

Offline liverpool0603

• View Profile
Re: How to check profits?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 05:47:58 AM »
Anyone know?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:11:16 AM »
There is no profit report available at this time. Cost field is informational for now.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline liverpool0603

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:46:15 PM »
Than how do i check or is the easiest way to check my profits? so far it only shows total amount of sales made. I'll have to manually check each and everyone of the sales made to calculate on my own the profits made... This is so troublsome...Even under sales report it only shows the total amount of order.. and total price of sales but not anything else and i can't click on them to even see what was the item that was sold..

For that i'll have to go to " sales" and than to "orders" and even there i only see total amount. So i'll have to click on edit for each sales being made to calculate my profits..

Is there any other easy way for this?

Thanks

Offline chrisoft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 05:25:11 AM »
Definitely need this one.

Why to run a store if you can't know your profits?

I recommend to consider it in your new releases

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »
I recommend AGAINST this personally...Assuming you use any real or even half hearted accounting program which takes into account your company/business (Quickbooks, etc...), and other various costs to run it, that would be a much much better solution to begin with.

Developing this at all would be a waste of developer resources when there are literally tons of paid/free solutions around already.  Those solutions can also take care of things way out of the scope of a single cart/web solution such as hiring people, other costs to acquire products to sell, Paypal fees, etc...

Offline chrisoft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 04:19:49 PM »
Against? really? some people doesn't have the abilities or budget to hire persons or to buy expensive products for accounting reports.
I don't think so it will be waste of time, instead will be a great update to the prestige of abantecart to have such a future.
I did not see any profit reports in extensions.  If you want recommend some
Maybe there is a way to find your profits
I think If you can extract all products and then collect somehow the 
1 “Cost”
2 ”Price”
3 “Total Orders”
Or anyone if can help or have any suggestions.  The knowledge is to be shared Thank you
I recommend AGAINST this personally...Assuming you use any real or even half hearted accounting program which takes into account your company/business (Quickbooks, etc...), and other various costs to run it, that would be a much much better solution to begin with.

Developing this at all would be a waste of developer resources when there are literally tons of paid/free solutions around already.  Those solutions can also take care of things way out of the scope of a single cart/web solution such as hiring people, other costs to acquire products to sell, Paypal fees, etc...

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.