Author Topic: Errors & Warnings...  (Read 5235 times)

Offline madhan7710

• View Profile
Errors & Warnings...
« on: November 22, 2015, 03:56:35 AM »
Hello,

First i would like to tell that abantecart is really an awesome shopping cart.

i tried to install abantecart to startup a online store. Installation was smooth and i upgraded to 1.2.5 but whenever i login to admin panel to set up the store i get lots of warnings and errors. it is really highly annoying. i have 3 different hosting accounts and to test i installed abantecart on all the 3 different hostings and getting the same annoying warnings and errors.

Following are the error/warnings that am getting frequently on clicking any menus...

1. Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /shop/index.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

2. Warning   Incorrect config.php file permissions

3. Warning   Incorrect index.php file permissions

i tried to disable the system check in admin settings but still error 1 is coming frequently. this is realy highly disappointing for a new user like me who loves abantecart than anyother shopping cart.

i tried to install opencart to check and didnt faced any kind of issues but this is just for testing and am not comparing.

kindly give me a good permanent solution for this...

Thanks in advance.

Reagrds,
Madhan

Offline fliptopia

• View Profile
Re: Errors & Warnings...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 08:06:12 AM »
Sorry, not really helping but adding a me too!

It's been going on for a month or so.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
These are warning and not error.
These are not issues with software, but opposite, software tells you of potential issues due to your hosting setup. 

We strongly suggest that you fix this waring as this is better for you to keep files secured. This forum covered this many times how to do this.
Alternately, you can disable this system check, and no warnings will show:
See to the bottom of the manual
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/system.html

As for Opencart or any other web application, they might not show you any warning, but that does characterize them on a good side and certainly does not mean your files/software is secured.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »
1. Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /shop/index.php could not be found on this server.
Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What permissions do you have for /shop/index.php
It has to be read and execute for web user. 
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 08:32:31 AM »
For #2 and #3 you should to set 444 ( r-r-r ) file permissions for these files via CPanel FileManager.
Probably it will fix #1 too
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.