Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Coupon Error  (Read 4011 times)

Offline packerlocker

• View Profile
Coupon Error
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:58:47 PM »
Since there is no built in store credit system, I issue coupons to my customers for credit. The idea is supposed to be to get the products free but be responsible for shipping.

The coupon I created said "no" to free shipping. Yet when the customer goes to checkout, they select shipping, and payment method, hit continue, but then the payment does not show up. On the order status it says "payment not required" It shows the total of the order to include the shipping amount, but then they are not asked to pay?

How do you fix this?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:14:11 PM by packerlocker »

Offline packerlocker

• View Profile
Re: Coupon Error
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 01:06:14 PM »
I have troubleshooted this, it only does this when the total is less than the credit. So if their products are technically "Free"/covered by the coupon, then it removes the option to pay, despite there being a shipping balance remaining.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
This doesn't solve your coupon code and shipping question.

But I wanted to let you know there is a credit system in AbanteCart since version  1.1.5, here's the doc info,  and it works really flawlessly in 1.2.7  with the customer able to apply the credit to their order.   Prior to 1.2.7  if the total went to zero and the payment selection was still required.  If it was more than zero all was good.

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/customers/transactions.html

Perhaps this will help you somewhat. 
And hopefully I or some one else will have a specific answer for your original post. 

BTW  what version are you using?

Lee

Offline packerlocker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »
I am using version 1.2.7. Thank you for sharing this with me, I did not know this existed!

Offline packerlocker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »
This doesn't solve your coupon code and shipping question.

But I wanted to let you know there is a credit system in AbanteCart since version  1.1.5, here's the doc info,  and it works really flawlessly in 1.2.7  with the customer able to apply the credit to their order.   Prior to 1.2.7  if the total went to zero and the payment selection was still required.  If it was more than zero all was good.

Perhaps this will help you somewhat. 
And hopefully I or some one else will have a specific answer for your original post. 

BTW  what version are you using?

Lee

Do you know if credit can be used on shipping, or if it will just cover the subtotal?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 10:29:30 PM »
It is a credit used against the TOTAL of the order,  product + shipping + taxes = total due

If I understand you original post -  you have some product that sells for $10  and you want it to be free,  but they pay shipping.   The order total for 1 of these would be $10  + shipping,  and they would apply the credit of $10, so they must pay for shipping.

Now one thing -  you can not assign the account credit to a specific product it is assigned to the customer account.  That's where the coupon may be better - as it can be assigned to a specific product.

I just tested using a coupon for 100% off on a specific product with shipping, it deducted only the value of the the product but left the shipping to needing to be paid for.   Do you have Free shipping enabled some place else -  the product maybe?   

Did you start with 1.2.7  or is this an upgrade from 1.2.6?