Author Topic: "Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification  (Read 4834 times)

Offline rachelsung

• View Profile
"Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »
Hi, I am new to AbanteCart.

First of all, I like to say that AbanteCart is the most wonderful eCommerce tool I have ever used and thanks to the wonderful development team.  I really appreciate AbanteCart.

Here I have encounter a question and hope someone can help me.
My site is just a simple site to sell my son's second hand clothes.  All the customers just use "guest" to check out.  No need for delivery since I will meet customers face to face and trade in cash.  However, I do need to add some more fields on "Guest Checkout Step 1" page for customers to fill in their other informations.  Then customers and I will both receive those information after they press "confirm" button by email.

The problem is - how do I add extra fields on "Guest Checkout Step 1" without changing any code (to avoid upgrade problem in the future and I am not a fan of code change either.)?  Can anyone help me with it?  Thank you very much in advance.

< The effort I have tried >

1. Add a new form and created a new block to put on "Design -> layout -> checkout pages" but it leaves 2 blocks on checkout page and 2 buttons to press and the submit button does not carry out the orders at all!  :(

2. Add a filed in "language description" but does not know how does this can do any help?  :o

Please help anyone?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:36:06 PM by rachelsung »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:29:08 AM »
Hello.
Without changing any code try Order attributes extension http://marketplace.abantecart.com/order-attributes

Offline rachelsung

• View Profile
Re: "Guest Checkout Step 1" Page Modification
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 03:15:05 AM »
OK, I see.  Seems like that is the only way.  Thank you, Basara, for the prompt answer.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.