Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: html2 template  (Read 6186 times)

Offline alevene

• View Profile
html2 template
« on: August 30, 2016, 11:39:05 AM »
I get the impression that template default_html5 does not work with the recent updates to AbanteCart?

If it does, it doesn't restore to a new site with the current version.

How do you manually move default_html5?

Thank you.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: html2 template
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:15:46 AM »
Hello.

I think you did not upgrade correctly or not all files were upgraded. default_html5 template was renamed to default long time ago.

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:33:16 AM »
I've been working on this new site for weeks now as v 1.2.5 will not update to 1.2.6 and so on. It posts an error message or blank screens the site.

I've installed 1.2.8 as a new isntance and imported the backup but found a very odd looking site, nothing like the original. I then found that the template I was using was NOT transferred., the html2 version. The default template is VERY different from the html2 version that I'm using on the production site.

When I manually copied it to the new site's template folder and selected it, it is very similar to the production site just needing some minor tweaks. So I posit that the new default template is nothing like the html2 template. They are different.

One new problem that you may be able to help with? Even though I imported without demo products, 1.2.8 does assign cosmetic product images on the home page and I think, elsewhere. I've unattached this images, (4.jpg being the worst offender) and then attempted to delete. They don't and remain on the website.

Any ideas, when even a manual delete via ftp doesn't work?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
I've installed 1.2.8 as a new isntance and imported the backup but found a very odd looking site

This is wrong way. You can not restore 1.2.5 backup on 1.2.8 site

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
Fortunately, it worked and the new site appears very similar to the old. I had no choice, as 1.2.5 would not upgrade to 1.2.6 and so on.

Why do you think that it won't work?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 02:11:34 AM »
Why do you think that it won't work?

Hi. Because backup mean copy of your current files and database state,  there are a lot of small and not changes in the files and Database between 1.2.5 and 1.2.8

Offline alevene

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 09:18:21 AM »
I know that the database is updated between versions. The problem is that I've restored the database to a test 1.2.5 and 1.2.6 systems but they do not update so the only option that I can think of with rebuilding the entire site from scratch is to restore to the current version.

Any ideas? I have thought of just restoring the product data and copying over the entire image tree but I don't have days to play with it.

I'm hoping that someone has solved this problem and can offer some suggestions.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.