Author Topic: Is there a mobile storefront app for customers to install on Android and Apple?  (Read 7244 times)

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
Hi

Is there a mobile app which my customers can install on their mobile so they can see my daily deals and access my site in 1 click?

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.

AbanteCart have API allow you to create app http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/developer/sf_api.html
I saw someone already work on this you can ask this person http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,4312.msg18850.html#msg18850

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Mobile app development was asked many times on the forum. We helped some developers with API before. Probably there are some solutions out there.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
There are some free services on the net to build an app for your store and publish for Android and iPhone. I just did it as a test for my site and it's pretty slick. Not the fanciest, but another tool to get your name out there.

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
Cheers Digitalt! I just watched some YouTube videos and may give it a go at some point!

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
I built a test app with one of the services to see how the basics worked. When I get a chance next week before going live, I'll give it a test to see if the checkout works from within the app. It should, the only thing is will it report back to the main store without being integrated through the API's.

I sell fishing tackle and from experience with Playstore, I know there are a ton of folks that download apps from this niche, even if it's just to see how they work.  How cool it would be for a fisherman to be able to order tackle from their boat 8)

***UPDATE***

Site changes such as products added and inventory changes are pushed to the app ;D  Bad news is, ran a test order using guest checkout and check as payment and it did not report the order back to the main online site  :-\   First test, first service. Overall I'm encouraged so far by the results.  So the answer to an app is, yes it can be done and the reporting back to the main site shouldn't be that difficult integrate.

Will keep you posted on progress.  I will figure out a way to implement a sucessful app. To many sales dollars riding on it considering the number of people that use mobile as their only source of online access.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:45:04 AM by digitalt »

Offline jaysbar

• View Profile
That is an awesome post and update!

Imagine two fishermen engaging in banter about being able to order fishing gear whilst fishing! It's like tasting sweets in the sweetshop!

Really appreciate the update and I look forward to hearing about the update to the online order system being successful.

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
jaysbar

I'll be taking a look at that this week. I am transitioning from doing flea markets to online with the tackle business. I spoke with a customer today and they were enthused about the site and "promised" to tell their friends. This is a customer that spends $30-$50 every time they visit my stand.

Imagine what customers would spend on a site overall with an app? Whether it's for my niche or any other niche. If Abantecart team put together a package that could make custom apps for each users site, I would be willing to pop $200 in a heartbeat, no questions ask. 

Overall Abantecart is THE BEST ecommerce platform around for the small to medium size business. And trust me, I have looked at them all, for real.

Untill the team has it, I'll keep plugging away at my solution. Cause I know it's out there.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:55:01 PM by digitalt »

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.