Author Topic: How to move products between categories or subcategories  (Read 3554 times)

Offline jaseible

• View Profile
How to move products between categories or subcategories
« on: June 07, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »
I purchased my site partially created and all the categories, subcategories, and products were already loaded in.

There are instances of double or duplicate categories.  However, the subcategories and items within each differ from one to another. So I can't just turn one off or delete it. 

I can't figure out how to migrate or move the products or subcategories so that I can get to one comprehensive category that holds all the products - rather than duplicate ones that split the products.  I also don't see a doc from Abantecart explaining how to do this.  It is probably thousand+ items I will need to re-organize.

Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to move products between categories or subcategories
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:11:15 AM »
Hello.

You can try to export your products with CSV and bulk edit category id for all products. Then import back to your store

Offline jaseible

• View Profile
Re: How to move products between categories or subcategories
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:51:18 PM »
Is there a function in abantecart that allows me to move items from one category or subcategory to another. I'm just curious - I know manually might be a lot of work, but I'd like to know if there is a way.
Thank you!

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.