Author Topic: Image Background On Homepage  (Read 4653 times)

Offline shawnlg777

• View Profile
    • Lite House Media
Image Background On Homepage
« on: August 10, 2018, 01:06:06 PM »
I was wondering if anyone had any luck putting a background image just on the home page. I would like to place mine just in the main content area. So far I have tried to experiment with placing a class within the "main container" div and the "column_left col-md-3 col-xs-12" on page.tpl. At this point, I can't even get the image to show up using this CSS on the style.css on all all the pages let along exclude it to just the home page.

.backme {
  background: url(images/backme.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed;
  -webkit-background-size: cover;
  -moz-background-size: cover;
  -o-background-size: cover;
  background-size: cover;
}

As I have said before my goal is to have the background only to show up on the home page, but at this point, I would like to even get it to show up on every page. I am using the default theme. Thanks in advance for any help!

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Image Background On Homepage
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
Unfortunately, there is no css class or ID to identify main page
You would need to add some logic to page.tpl template
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/storefront/view/default/template/common/page.tpl

For instance, you can put below code in the body and limit your CSS to page what you need

Code: [Select]
<body class="<?php echo str_replace("\\""-"$this->request->get['rt']); ?>">
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline shawnlg777

• View Profile
    • Lite House Media
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »
This is a bit over my head.  I will try to get some help to make sense out of what you said. I only know a little PHP.  Any reason why I can't get the css to work when trying to add an image to the background on every page in the main content area.  Do you have any suggestions?

Just a thought I think it would be a great mod to add this option on the next release.  Thanks again for your help!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:22:21 PM »
I added slightly different solution to v1.2.13

You can copy this file:
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/commit/8454e581c3775f1659d1ca8e9b9b6a2cc1ba7089
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline shawnlg777

• View Profile
    • Lite House Media
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »
Will I need to make adjustments to the CSS then, for a novice can you give me a few more details.  Thanks!

Shawn