Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Export Customer data How to get country and state/province  (Read 3329 times)

Offline LFBC

• View Profile
I have exported my customers to a csv file to move them over to a new e-commerce platform. The customer "country_id" is exported as a 3 digit number. I need to change this to a country name or 2 letter country code such as CA for Canada or US for United States before I can import my customers into the new platform. I cannot find a list of what countries these 3 digit numbers correspond to.

I also cannot figure out how to get a State or Province. I see that "zone_id" (a 4 digit number) was exported but I cannot figure out what these mean.

If I go to the customer profiles Country and state are listed. Is there a way to have country and state end up in the csv export file. or is there a list somewhere of what these country and region codes mean.

Most of my customers are US customers. If I can just figure out State I don't mind entering all the foreign customers manually if I have to.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Export Customer data How to get country and state/province
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 01:04:09 PM »
if you google  country codes  you will see lots of places for the ISO list

I like this one a lot as it has the 2 and 3 alpha as well as the numeric in a grid form

https://www.iban.com/country-codes

I am unclear where you are exporting from.  If from an AbanteCart installation  the customer complete address is exported using the export feature in the admin dashboard.

as to the states:
https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#iso:code:3166:US
there is one of these for each country.   Note:   the designation of US-AL  you would use only AL for the state of Alabama in the US address

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.