Author Topic: Using the cart on an existing website  (Read 2210 times)

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
Using the cart on an existing website
« on: September 13, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »
I already have my website built on Hostinger with my products already on it.  I want to add a cart and the add to cart buttons to my current website, but am confused how to start with AbanteCart?? I downloaded the plugin on my dashboard but that just asks for the URL of a site with AbanteCart!  How do I create a cart and buttons that I can add to my website with html?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using the cart on an existing website
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2022, 09:40:15 AM »
Hello.

Install AbanteCart (in the subdomain to your website or in a subfolder like website.com/store/). If your hosting panel has Softaculous you can do this in a few clicks https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/4161537/cPanel+Installation

When installed you can embed products from AbanteCart in your website pages https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/5799960/Embed+Products+to+HTML

Offline CJ21

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 12:25:30 PM »
Hi, thank you for your reply.  No it doesn't have Softaculous. So I need to create a subdomain, should I have a custom folder for the subdomain or keep it all as one? Then I download AbanteCart to the sub domain? I'm guessing then when I create the buttons I can just install them on my websites (I have two) using the html, is this correct?  Sorry for all the questions, this is a learning curve for me!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 01:33:12 AM »
Hello.

You need to create a new database in your Cpanel (database name, database user and password) before you start the installation

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.