Author Topic: PayPal standard IPN Return URL?  (Read 21506 times)

Offline roxor

• View Profile
PayPal standard IPN Return URL?
« on: October 13, 2013, 03:46:46 PM »
I tried to have it to mywebsite.com/shop/index.php?rt=checkout/success with no luck, what is the PayPal IPN return url supposed to be?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: PayPal standard IPN Return URL?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:45:16 PM »
What are you trying to do? Abantecart does not support IPN yet.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:11:07 AM »
forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,531.0.html
Had the same problem

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 04:16:50 PM »
And as that has seemed to work out for that person, i would assume it would for me as well, if i could just figure out what url to put as the return url.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »
I think you just need to enable IPN and you do not need to provide return URL.
If you use PayPal standard it provides return URL along with payment request when going to PayPal payment page.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 03:22:18 PM »
I think you just need to enable IPN and you do not need to provide return URL.
If you use PayPal standard it provides return URL along with payment request when going to PayPal payment page.
It wont allow me to not put a url in. Do you have any clue what this included return url might be for PayPal Standard as i cant seem to find the info anywhere?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 05:31:04 PM »
It seems that the conversation here is not on the same page yet.  Here's a link to the PayPal developer notes regarding IPN that may help explain.
https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNIntro/

IPN is a reporting process from PayPal back to your URL  of choice.  However,  the receiving URL needs some software that tells it what to do with the information.   That is the one piece that is missing currently.  Abantecart doesn't have a way to receive and use that information currently.

I believe the return URL that a PayPal user can set for a completed transaction is independent from the IPN function.  The return to site URL is for the customer.  IPN reporting is for the backoffice administration for accounting and processing.

Think of the IPN as a server to server communication in the same manner you might be receiving email notifications from PayPal whenever you receive a payment.  The sender (PayPal) needs to know where to send the information but the receiver (your server address)  need some instructions to know what to do with what it receives.

Perhaps the Abantecarte user that has indicated success is sending the info back to a url for the accounting function of a different software that has the ability to process the IPN information.

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 02:15:16 PM »
So how exactly should i go about accepting paypal payments and still get the records and account info on the AbanteCart shop? As in instantly so i dont have to be up 24/7 just to manually add everything to everybody who bought something.

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »
Is it the pro version i need then or what?

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
Well I recently lost my return URL in return address and can not find it anywhere. I seem to think it was directed to something like subscriptions.php
but not sure

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 05:36:32 PM »
Well I recently lost my return URL in return address and can not find it anywhere. I seem to think it was directed to something like subscriptions.php
but not sure
Well isnt exactly much help i been getting to solve my issue of no record of any purchases, at least this is some sort of hint, i guess its just try and fail, then retry till i get it working

Offline bubblegumweb

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
Yea.....  solved the IPN web address. It should start with http://www.yourwebsitehere.com/subscriptions.php

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 06:43:17 PM »
Yea.....  solved the IPN web address. It should start with yourwebsitehere.com/subscriptions.php
Only thing i could find close to that is 'Subscriber.php' under account files and after testing this it still does not provide any information on the store of any kind of purchase

Offline roxor

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:21 AM »
Still no help so i can actually launch my webshop? Its a bit pointless with a webshop if the online invoice system doesnt get any indication from paypal, and its a bit stupid that i have to check my paypal email for any purchases instead of the admin panel on my shop... And then after having to manually add the purchase to the person so they can get shipping status etc.
*EDIT* Just found out i cant even manually add the order so this really is a problem!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:04:33 AM by roxor »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 03:07:44 AM »
Still no help so i can actually launch my webshop? Its a bit pointless with a webshop if the online invoice system doesnt get any indication from PayPal, and its a bit stupid that i have to check my paypal email for any purchases instead of the admin panel on my shop... And then after having to manually add the purchase to the person so they can get shipping status etc.
*EDIT* Just found out i cant even manually add the order so this really is a problem!

Hello. Did You read this? What PayPal extension do you use (PayPal standard, PayPal Pro, PayPal express checkout)?

I am just check PayPal standard extension with my PayPal sandbox. The only one thing I need to set up in extension is PayPal Email Address.
Let's see AbanteCart and PayPal process:
on checkout page customer select PayPal payment method
on checkout Confirm page customer click on Confirm Order button
next PayPal site load where customer pay order.
the page will appear

Once customer click on 'return link' this will back to Checkout success page at AbanteCart

Also I see PayPal order in AbanteCart  Admin-Sales-Orders section (double-checked).

"online invoice system" talk with PayPal in background if this not work on your side check for errors in AbanteCart and Server logs.